Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sweet Dreams

The other day I had a dream that I was in a car with my mom driving us on a highway (how we came to be there, I don't know, the dream world just put us there).  She sped through traffic, zipping toward the off ramp.

I said, “Slow down.”

She pressed the gas faster, and said, “I have to get my donuts!”  She swerved in and out of traffic, and then made a sharp turn into a parking lot.

I said, “Slow down.”  She pressed on the gas faster, and we speeded through the parking lot.

She said, “I HAVE TO GET MY DONUTS!”  We hit a parking curb, and then flew through the air, everything was in slow motion, and we crashed into the donut shop.

And then I woke up… I guess that’s one way to get donuts.  


9 comments:

  1. Oh, man, after all that you didn't get to dream eating doughnuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lot like that old commercial "Time to make the donuts."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good dream, I love the way you have to get donuts. Did you go out and buy some?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. Did you eat donuts that day?

    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not even going to begin to try to analyze that. But I'm sure Freud would say that your dream had some sort of sexual undertone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul and M Pax, I didn't eat any donuts after the dream, though I probably should have.

    haha, jay, I can't begin to fathom what freud would say about such dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting... did you wake up craving donuts??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, but I wake up everyday craving donuts.

    ReplyDelete